Monday, 30 June 2014
Friday, 27 June 2014
Friday, 20 June 2014
All right, folks - here are the promised details of the SHSI Calendar - specially made for our upcoming Annual Meet #2! Do save the date/place - 24 August 2014 (Sunday), New Delhi, India. Venue details will be uploaded later, when we have a better idea of how many people will turn up.
Before I start throwing in the pictures that everyone has been waiting for, do take note of a few features:
- It is a wall calendar, spiral bound and folded in half. When folded, it is slightly smaller than an A4 sheet. For those who understand these things (I don't!), the paper stock is: Premium Glossy 200-210 g/m² paper, and the specifications are: Document Trim Size: 279 x 216 mm; 1648 x 1276 pixels and Full Bleed Size: 282 x 219 mm; 1666 x 1294 pixels.
- It is very (very!) colourful. (What can I say? I like colours!) There are photos, artwork and cute images on the marked dates.
- The months covered are August 2014 to July 2015.
- I have included as many Sherlockian events as I could get my hands on. The biggest round of thanks has to go to Mr Ron Fish, who maintains Sherlockian Calendar. Besides Mr Fish, I had a lot of help from our Sherlockian friends across the globe, too! If there are any mistakes, I take full responsibility and forward my apologies to everyone. The uncertain events are marked with a "TBA" - "to be announced".
- The Indian holidays/festivals are marked with a smiley. I didn't do it, they came pre-arranged. I just added the smiley!
- The Sherlockian events have different markers, depending on the kind of event they are.
- Every month, along with a set of images, has a quote from the canon. Do not worry - the photographer/artist is always acknowledged. If you follow our e-magazine, you would have seen most of the images earlier.
- Each calendar costs Rs 235 + shipping. We save on shipping charges of the manufacturer if we order a good number at once, so, in turn, we will be able to give/ship it to you for less. Do note that whatever the expense, you're paying at actuals. If we have, say, about 25 people picking up their copies at the Annual Meet in Delhi - those 25 will have to pay no shipping charges at all.
- There is absolutely no obligation on anyone to buy these for the Annual Meet #2. There isn't any limit on the number of copies you want to buy, either. What we do need, however, is some time to get the calendars made (because we don't want to order too many and then be stuck with them). Barring force majeure, you should be able to get yours in a few weeks (or earlier!) after you make your payment.
- We have not yet worked out the payment mechanism. Give us the weekend, and we shall figure something out. Suggestions are more than welcome.
And now, on to the images!
- The front cover - recognise the images?
- August 2014 - images are of our Annual Meet #1 in Mumbai last August
- September 2014 - London, the city of Sherlock Holmes!
- October 2014 - Sherlock Wrap at Speedy's, London. Then there are our SHSI Sherlockian drinks - Sherlock's Stupor and Watson's Wish! ;)
- November 2014 - artwork from our SHSI members - gorgeous, aren't they?
- December 2014 - Art from the lovely Marilena Duca, of Italy!
- January 2014 - Happy Birthday, Sherlock Holmes!
- February 2014 - up for some Sherlockian tourism? Ooty (Tamil Nadu, India) and Lucens (Switzerland) featured here.
- March 2014 - Sherlock and Sherlockians of Bohemia!
- April 2014 - Meiringen, Switzerland. One of the loveliest places I have ever seen.
- May 2014 - *shudder* Reichenbach. The star marks the spot where Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriarty fell.
- June 2014 - yup, those are our e-magazine covers!
- July 2015 - what better way to end the calendar than put in pictures by the best Sherlockian artist I know?
- Back cover - just a B&W image of the front
Happy now? For any further details, get in touch with Sumalji or me.
Sunday, 1 June 2014
And here we are - enjoy! There's an arrow button on the left that should allow you to download the file and read at leisure. If there's any trouble downloading or if you'd like us to email the file to you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org